Frank Erwin Center Parking Lots & Garages
Parking can but hard to find in Austin’s core, especially if you are looking for SXSW parking, but luckily this arena is tucked just away north of downtown. When its Texas Longhorn game day it can be close to impossible to find a parking spot on the street. Don’t waste your time circling the block looking for a spot, we recommend paying the extra money to secure a great spot in a nearby parking lot or garage.
The Closest Parking Lot/ Garage: The Trinity Garage , which is owned by UT Austin, is right next to the arena located at the corner of Trinity & MLK Jr. Drive. If you are in a rush or just don’t want to walk very far then this is the best parking lot for you.
Trinity Garage (click to see on map)
- Location: 1815 Trinity St (Entrance on Trinity)
- Price: $12 for 4 Hrs, $18 Daily, $15-25 for events
- Hours: 24 hours
- Payment Options: Cash and Credit Cards
The Cheapest Parking Lot/ Garage: The LAZ Parking Lot 18, which is right down the street for the arena, only costs $5 to park at daily. If would rather save some money and don’t mind walking 5 blocks then we recommend this parking lot. Just make sure to bring cash if you decide to park here.
LAZ Parking Lot 18 (click to see on map)
- Location: 1620 Lavaca St (corner of Lavaca St. & E. 17th St.)
- Price: $5 Daily
- Hours: 24 Hours
- Payment Options: Cash only
Street parking is available up and down Red River St. right in front of the arena and on many streets south like 12th St., 10th St., 9th St., Neches St., and Trinity St. It will cost $1 per hour to park at meters with a 5 hour limit. You have to pay when parking at most meters between 8am-midnight on Thursday-Saturday. You only have to pay between 8am-6pm on Sunday- Wednesday. You can use the map above or the ParkMe smartphone app to check the real-time availability of street parking. Streets showing green lines will have the most available parking spots.
- Rates: $1 per hour during active hours. Free parking after 6pm Sunday-Wednesday, & after Midnight Thursday-Saturday.
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Active Hours: Monday-Wednesday, 8am-6pm & Thursday-Saturday, 8am-Midnight
- Best Place To Look- 10th Street Between Trinity & Red River Street.
- Payment Types Accepted- Coins & Credit Cards
Remember to plan ahead when you are going to big games and events, especially if you are looking for March Madness parking.
~Please share your Frank Erwin Center parking tips in the comment section below.